In the News
February Calendar of Events
January 30, 2017
Here's whats happening this month! February Calendar.
Stash Some Cash Now!
2 hours ago
Want to Stash Some Cash? Purchase a minimum of $50 RAM Cash and we'll give you 10% back in Dining Gift Dollars! Ca-ching!
How to Add RAM Cash:
1. Login into you Blackboard Account.
2. Click FSU Community in top right hand corner.
3. Click FSU Card Account tab.
4. Login using your FSU login information. (This should be the same as your Blackboard username and password.)
5. Click Accounts
6. Click add money in the Ram Cash box.
7. Fill out your information and the 10% Dining Gift Dollars will be automatically inputted into your account!!
Campus Dietitian Carolyns January & February Newsletter
January 06, 2017
Welcome back, Rams! Do you have New Year's goals that include health and wellness? Check out the January February edition of FSU Mindful News!
Guide to Healthy Dorm Cooking
January 16, 2015
Looking for simple, healthy and affordable recipes to prepare in your dorm? Guide to Healthy Dorm Cooking
May 30, 2014
- It’s Easy Eating “Green” at Framingham State University
Sodexo Reinvents Campus Menus, Increasing Demand for Fresh Vegan, Sustainable Dining
- Sodexo receives prestigious 2012 Catalyst Award in North America for Diversity and Inclusion
- Students pleased with Sandella’s food options
- First-ever Winter Festival a success
- Letter to the editor T ( O U T ) L
- Tis the season to give back
- Helping Hands
- An eco-friendly milestone
- FSU meets state's renewable energy goal
- Sandella's eatery opens for the first time
- 90 years young
- Thanks for the service
- Framingham State shows off 'green' efforts on campus (Metrowest Daily News)
- Simply To Go Meal Exchange program to expand
- Cafeteria undergoes reorganization
- Tricks and Treats for FSC
- Sodexo's Sensational Supper
Zero Trans-Fat Oils
Sodexo uses zero trans-fat oil products in all foodservice operations nationwide. Zero Trans-Fat products include salad dressings, sauces, soups, breads, muffins, cereals, pasta, breaded chicken, eggs, tortillas, oils and a range of other items.
Looking for a special Gift?
FSU Dining Services offers a variety of gift packages, tasty treats and special surprises... Check out our gifts page!
Did You Know that an FSU Alumnus invented the Chocolate Chip Cookie?
Ruth Graves Wakefield graduated from the Framingham State Normal School Department of Household Arts in 1924. She worked as a dietitian and lectured on food, until, together with her husband she bought a tourist lodge named the Toll House Inn. The Toll House Inn located halfway between Boston and New Bedford, Massachusetts was built in 1709; the house had long been a haven for weary travelers in search of food, drink and change of horses.
In keeping with the Toll House tradition, Mrs. Wakefield baked for guests at her Toll House Inn. As she improved upon old recipes, Mrs. Wakefield’s incredible desserts began attracting people from all over New England. While experimenting with the Butter Drop Do, a favorite Colonial cookie, Mrs. Wakefield cut a bar of Nestlé® Semi-Sweet Chocolate into tiny bits and added them to her cookie dough, expecting them to melt. Instead, the chocolate held its shape softening into a delicately creamy texture. This delicious discovery was dubbed the Toll House Cookie.
Framingham State Ranks #17 of 50 Great Affordable, Eco-Friendly Colleges in the US
November 10, 2014
Our campus has been recognized as a leader in energy conservation and sustainability and tuition affordability according to PRNewswire. FSU Dining Services is proud to have contributed to the overall campus wide sustainability program. Read more
Animal Welfare Commitment
January 18, 2017
XOXO to Sodexo – For Taking a Stand for Millions of Hens
Today, with Sodexo, we are announcing that the giant food service company has committed, over the next five years, to switch all 20 million pounds of its liquid eggs to cage-free. The company manages dining operations at thousands of colleges, universities, hospitals, and corporate dining centers across the country. Due to its enormous size, this will remove 750,000 hens from battery cages per year and put them into cage-free settings. This announcement comes after prior announcements from the company to switch to cage-free for its 39 million shell eggs – which provides a better living for an additional 150,000 birds.
RobecoSAM Sustainability Yearbook 2016
February 25, 2016
Sodexo has elevated its position as one of the most sustainable companies in the world by earning awards in all three of the categories in RobecoSAM's annual "Sustainability Yearbook 2016" as the Industry Leader, Industry Mover, Gold Class distinction. For the ninth consecutive year, Sodexo has been ranked as the best-performing company for economic, social and environmental performance in the Restaurant & Leisure Facilities sector.